Tasting - Haythornthwaite Wines7:45 - 9:45 pm
Venue: Johnsonville Community Centre Hall, 30 Moorefield Rd, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037 - Directions
Entry fee: TBC
Presenter: Mark Hawthornewaite
Haythornthwaite Wines is a boutique family owned vineyard located on the ancient alluvial river terraces of Martinborough. This region has become known for producing world-class Pinot Noir and is gaining a reputation for producing award-winning Gewürztraminer, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris.
Established in 1992, Haythornthwaite Wines produces Pinot Noir, Pinot Rosé, Pinot Gris and is one of two vineyards in Martinborough growing Gewürztraminer. The vineyard was planted on two sheep paddocks of a sub-divided farm. Planting commenced in 1992 and was completed in 2006.
Wines for tasting
- 2017 Haythornthwaite Pinot Rose - Jennifer
- 2012 Haythornthwaite Pinot Gris - Ursula
- 2012 Haythornthwaite Dry Gewurztraminer - Emma
- 2012 Haythornthwaite Gewurztraminer - Susan
- 2012 Haythornthwaite Pinot Noir - Catherine
- 2013 Haythornthwaite Reserve Pinot Noir - Beverley
- 2013 Haythornthwaite Auslese Gewurztraminer - Pamela
Drinking and driving
Members will be aware of the lowering of drink/drive limits from December 2014. If unsure read the Land Transport Amendment Act (no 2) 2014. We ask members to be conscious of these limits.
For those driving, water and some food are provided or think about a designated driver, taxi, uber or dial-a-driver to get you home safely.
Wine bottle screw caps
Anne is collecting them to give to the Lions organised Kan Tabs for Kids. No food lids or beer tops, please.
Save and bring them to the next monthly meeting.