Last month we were finally able to hold the Club’s AGM and it was well attended with 32 members and 1 guest present. If you would like to read the President’s report, you will find this on the Club’s website. Changes to note from the meeting:
- Robin Semmens was farewelled from the Committee and as newsletter Editor,
although he stays in the Club
- Evelyn Dawson is the new Editor of the Newsletter
- Steve Eades is now not on the Committee either but is still managing the Club’s website
- Terry Friel joined the Committee.
We are meeting as usual on 12 August at the Johnsonville Community Hall, Ground Floor for an 8 pm starts with Confidant Wines, a small (boutique) local importer of Portuguese wines in Wellington distributing the well-regarded Casa Santos Lima winery and a range of notable NZ wineries that are available in selected retail outlets and a number of Wellington restaurants.
Victor Kattenbelt has been around the Wellington wine scene for a number of years and travels to Europe every year (even early 2020), for wine trade expos in France, Netherlands and Germany, and to visit his suppliers in Portugal.
Victor’s Portuguese portfolio is extensive, and some of his wines this time round are new to his portfolio and we have decided to expand the tasting to 8 wines for the tasting to do justice to his wide range and to celebrate our European tasting country of the year.
If you are interested in doing more reading see Casa Santos Lima winery. The wines for the evening are:
- A Portuguese bubble – Casa Santos Bruto [NV] to begin the evening
- 2018 Galodoro Rose
- 2016 VK Gewurztraminer (NZ)
- 2018 Linden Estate Chardonnay (NZ)
- Then an array of 4 unique Portuguese reds:
- 2017 Bons Ventos
- 2017 Confidencial Red
- 2018 Valcatrina
- and to finish a superb Alicante Bouschet premium red
The member door price will be $15 and guest price $18.