Tasting - A MacVine Christmas7:45 - 9:45 pm
Venue: Johnsonville Community Centre Hall, 30 Moorefield Rd, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037 - Directions
Cost: Members $20, Guests $25
Presenter: Michael Jemison, Managing Director
Background: Established in 1999, Macvine International is an importer and distributor of top quality, specialist wine from New Zealand and around the world. We also import and distribute Spiegelau glassware - one of the world's top specialist producers of glassware designed for wine lovers. Wines for tasting:
- 2013 Italian Prosecco - Ca Di Rajo Prosecco Superiore Valdobbiadene DOCG Millesimato Extra Dry - Actually bottle fermented and from the best region in Prosecco. It’s an off-dry style even though its say extra dry which in Italian mean off dry.
- Australian bubbly - Yerring Station Yarrabank Cuvee - Made with the help of a French Champagne house so offers a point of difference quite smart.
- French bubbly - Andre Delorme Terroir d'Exception Blanc de Blanc NV - From Burgundy hand is made the same way as Champagne last year would best sparkling wine in Cuisine Magazine.
- 2013 Kerpen Riesling Kabinett - Low alcohol which good fruit weight to refresh the palate
- Champagne - Dumangin Brut Le Rose Premium Cru NV - Exceptional bubbles
- 2003 Dumangin Premier Cru Vintage Champagne - 95 points Bob Campbell this is rich like Christmas cake and complex.
- Sticky - 2011 Clark Estate Noble Pinot Gris 375ml
What a great selection and Macvine will be offering some very healthy discounts if you want something special for Christmas. Don’t miss this one.
Nov bubbles and Dec dinner
We're getting ready for a busy season with Nov bubbles and Dec dinner.
See all past club events dating from February 1985.
Member prize draw
At each meeting, there is a members’ prize draw, but you must be present to win.
We also have a raffle draw each tasting with the prize of a bottle of wine.
Purchase your tickets at the door.
Wine bottle screw caps
Anne is collecting them to give to the Lions organised Kan Tabs for Kids. No food lids or beer tops, please.
Save and bring them to the next monthly meeting.
Drinking and driving
Members will be aware of the lowering of drink/drive limits from December 2014. If unsure read the Land Transport Amendment Act (no 2) 2014. We ask members to be conscious of these limits.
For those driving, water and some food are provided or think about a designated driver, taxi, uber or dial-a-driver to get you home safely.