Esk Valley Wines, September
We were to be entertained in September by Gordon Russell from Esk Valley. Gordon is described as one of the Godfathers of the wine industry.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation with the Delta variant of COVID19 this month’s Club evening has had to be cancelled. We can’t meet until we are down to Level 2.
While this is disappointing for us all, for your information and interest, the wines we were going to be tasting were largely from Esk Valley’s new range: Artisanal. Wine f.y.i.:
- Artisanal Hawke’s Bay Chenin Blanc
- Artisanal Hawke’s Bay Chardonnay
- Artisanal Hawke’s Bay Gamay Noir
- Artisanal Hawke’s Bay Syrah
- Artisanal Gimblett Gravels Malbec Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon
Future events for 2021
- 13 October – Butterworth Estate, Martinborough with either their Manager Nick Hewitt or Martin Bell their winemaker
- 17 November – Crater Rim from Omihi Rise, Waipara
- 11 December – PLEASE NOTE THIS DATE as it is a Saturday for our Cellar
Club’s Christmas dinner