Last month we had Saint Clair Family Estate from Marlborough with Alison Downs presenting.
This was an extremely well-presented evening and was enjoyed by all club members present – 40 of us!
It was interesting hearing Alison’s wine journey from the UK and Europe to the New World and her enduring wine passion and growing knowledge and experience.
The committee was unanimous in their agreement that Alison is probably the best presenter we have had in recent memory.
Our orders from the evening were substantial with people enjoying all the
wines presented, especially interesting to get to sample the Pinot Blanc, a new white grape for most.
- 2019 Saint Clair Origin Pinot Gris Rosé
- 2018 Saint Clair Pioneer Block 28 Pinot Blanc
- 2019 Saint Clair Origin Hawke’s Bay Viognier
- 2019 Saint Clair Wairau Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
- 2019 Saint Clair James Sinclair Chardonnay
- 2018 Saint Clair Pioneer Block 22 Pinot Noir
- 2017 Saint Clair Origin Hawke’s Bay Merlot