39 members attended for the evening and orders for the wine & 5 cookbooks exceeded $3K which is one of our more successful orders.
An interesting note from our orders is that the 2019 Wairarapa Viognier was the preferred wine, with 2018 From the Ashes Riesling second. The Viognier also illustrates how they grow grapes and bottle wine from various areas around NZ, even though they are based in North Canterbury.
The list of wines we sampled during the evening for your recollection is below:
- 2017 Waipara Sauvignon Blanc
- 2018 From the Ashes Riesling
- 2019 From the Ashes Pinot Gris
- 2019 Waipara Viognier
- 2018 Waipara Chardonnay
- 2019 Waipara Rosé
- 2019 From the Ashes Pinot Noir
- 2015 Banks “Rata” Pinot Noir