New Year BBQ
Another great start to the year. The weather wasn’t the kindest but the company was.
Thanks to all those members and guests who attended and for their wine selection. A huge range to taste from including NZ, Aussie, French, Argentinian…
Thank you to Derek for hosting the bbq, and to everyone who turned up and brought delicious food; and to the cooks – Robin and especially Mel out there in the elements. Thank to those who waited patiently for the second batch of salmon to be cooked, and thank you to the ladies who took on the washing up.
Date: Sunday 26th January from 4pm, wet or fine
Venue: 4 Arthur Carman Street, Johnsonville
Cost: This is a NO CHARGE event but it is BYO wine.
Details: If you think you will attend then please contact Robin with confirmation so the committee can order sufficient food.
- We ask members coming to contribute by providing a salad or dessert sufficient for about 8 people
- If your street address has an odd number, would you provide dessert and an even number a salad
Some points for newer members:
- You are welcome to bring partners or guests. Let robin know the numbers
- The usual practice is to bring along a bottle of wine that you would like to share. The wines are generally pooled
- If you are saving caps for Anne bring them along. Anne is ready to deliver a ‘trailer load’ of screw-caps to the Lions, and the Herald is teed up to do a picture and story about it
As mentioned below the BBQ is a great opportunity to chat with other members, Club nights are not always conducive to serious mixing and mingling.